Monday, January 7, 2008

Sunbeam

Even though it is a global warming induced 60 degrees right now, I still appreciate my Sunbeam mattress pad! On a normal, cold, Chicago winter night, I am hesistant to get into bed because the cold sheets tend to reawaken me, which goes against my naptastic demeanor.
*Prices range from $49.99 to $95.99 depending on your mattress size.

There really isn't anything more satifying than crawling into a warm bed on a cold night, and since my stuffed animals have not learned how to produce their own heat yet, this pad will do! Standard features include 10 heat settings, 2 controllers and auto-shutoff, so you don't have to worry about burning you or your house (in that order) down.

The only negative I can think of is that sometimes when I'm laying in bed, I get paranoid about laying on a bed of electrically heated wires. Will this fry my ovaries? Even though I don't want kids, I like to keep my options open. Anyway, it's so warm I'm sure the worry will melt away. I mean, it will.


One Sunbeam warming product I do not recommend is the electric blanket... or at least this one:
The same price as the mattress pad, the blanket proved to produce uncontrollable fluzzies. That's right, fluzzies. Fluzzies, a close relative of the dust bunny, are produced mainly by things you think are soft and would never harm you until they begin to produce endless amounts unsoft clumps of their "softness" all over your house/apartment.

Plus, since this is a blanket, it gets dirty faster because all of the direct contact with your warm, sweaty self. Send this as a gift to people who you don't really like, but you'd still like to say, "Great wedding!"


I imagine some people may be skeptical to lay on a bed of wires instead of under though, and there are other models I have not tried. If you do decide to go the way of the fluzzy blanket, I applaud you on your decision... Just remember, you've been warned!

*P.S. I am fully aware that the use of this product is further contributing to global warming, which I am currently basking in even though I know it's wrong.

No comments: